Can Meditation Improve Your Health?
Meditation and health benefits go hand in hand for your well being before, during, and after your pregnancy.
Due to the facts that meditation has the ability to ground your thoughts, and you to reverse the stress from the day to day pressures that you encounter, you will find yourself more centered in your life to feel rejuvenated and at peace. That alone will give you positive tools that will bring on positive effects in many aspects of your life!
From simple techniques such as sitting using Indian style breathing and using simple chants are all that is needed to get started on your life changing habits!
History of Meditation Through The Ages
How Meditation and Health Benefits got their start:
- Hindus made meditation a way of life, stemming from 1500 BCE.
- Japanese, Indian and Asian cultures began practicing meditation (Buddhism, Taoism and Hinduism) since 400 BCE.
- Meditation is generally thought to be the practice of sitting in silence and freeing the mind of thoughts (especially negative thoughts!). This doesn’t mean you stop thinking, but that thoughts are accepted and then sent away.
- Your mind is the greatest tool you have. By clearing it from negative patterns, addictive yearnings and stored up stress, you will change your reality, thereby changing yourself.
- Meditation became popular in the Western world in the 1970s, including translucent meditation, heart rhythm meditation, mantra meditation, movement meditation and mindfulness meditation.
- Nowadays the United States has embraced meditation in yoga classes, chakra meditation workshops, and individually as part of a daily routine.
If You Want to Feel More Positive:
- Whether you’re upset, stressed or anxious, meditation can reduce the frequency and/or the duration of negative emotions.
- It can improve concentration, especially during times of high stress and pressure at work.
- Meditate regularly to gain a clear-headed perspective as you face challenges.
- Mantra meditation helps you stay in the moment and appreciate work, your body, all that you have – which attributes to a positive outlook on life.
If You’re at Your Breaking Point:
- Meditation can be a tool for dealing with adversity and rising to the occasion (no matter how difficult it may seem to overcome).
- Gain power over addictions – alcohol, drugs, caffeine, sugar, co-dependent relationships, workaholic tendencies, and fear-based thinking.
- Counteract the anxiety, stress and fear of everyday life.
- Reverse your brain’s response to stress. Instead of focusing on negative thoughts (which perpetuate more stress), it nips it at the source – your mind – by focusing on the breath.
- Learn mindful breathing – when you breathe correctly, you improve your energy level, gain clarity, decrease stress, and even boost productivity on the job!
If You Want a Healthy Body:
- Connect to your true self, which improves motivation to take care of your body and mind and live a healthy life.
- Improve your focus for being goal-oriented.
- Studies show that when you meditate, it’s easier to let go of unhealthy habits such as overeating, smoking, sleeping too little, etc.
If You Want to Become More Connected With Your Spirituality:
- Improve your connection to the Divine – that you are of a soul, not just a body.
- Connect back to your inner knowing, or intuition.
- Meditation can be a prayer session, helping you to become a powerful attractor to those things you want in life.
- Improve the wisdom you have; seek out introspection from everyday experiences, and see life as being connected to the world around you, rather than apart from it.
Meditation and Health Benefits Summed Up:
Meditation is a great way to start or end your day. It can improve your job performance, personal life and sense of spirituality – no matter what religion you practice, if at all. Whether you have three minutes or thirty minutes a day to devote to it, carving time out of your day is worth the escalated feeling of happiness that it brings!
Meditation and Health On The Net:
Llanelli Star. Natural Health by Angela Lewis Meditation. Llanelli Star. THERE seems to be a lot of interest in meditation at the moment which can be a vital part of a holistic approach to health and wellbeing. While there are plenty who understand and partake in the practice there are also those who know little about the.…Read More…..